Sunday, September 18, 2011

#52 The Last One

O. M. G. We are finally here. Didn't think I would see this day. No more thinking about new videos every week. This is such a relief!

I have to say that this has been an incredible journey in the realm of card magic. I've had a lot of fun, even when I had to force myself to come up with something and when I had to hunt for people to act as assistants. Big thanks to my girlfriend Jane for helping with so many of the videos and for seeing this through with me. Also a big thank you to everybody at the "Session" where many of the videos were filmed. And of course thank YOU for being here and making all this so much more joyful.

This final one isn't really a new creation. In fact it is something that I've been working on for nearly three years already. It all started after seeing Helder Guimaraes's sandwich routine and trying to come up with an impromptu version of it. Let's just say that we've come quite a road from that.

In this routine I'm trying to use every bit of technique I know to create an impossible effect. It is a combination of sleight of hand, psychology, presentation, preparation, improvisation, persuation, and misdirection. This is one of my favourite routines. It is like a child to me, and "she" has the honor act the leading role in the final video of 52 Times A Week.




There is one more thing... But you'll hear about it later!

Until then, Magic-Love-Freedom-Humor-Magic. And everything else is nothingness.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope to see more videos from you. They're really fantastic.

    And I have a question, please, could you tell me the name of the playing cards used in this trick? They are beautiful.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    Perhaps the greatest feat of the past 52 weeks was that you managed to do these 52 routines.

    I continue to be amazed by your complete mastery of all the aspects of card magic. If you ask me you're already one of the most amazing magicians of our time.

    ReplyDelete